As 2018 comes to an end, I found myself looking back on the year and wishing I did more with it – eating healthier, working out more often, being more thrifty and being more present when I am together with The Husband and people I love.
I’m making these wishes into my #2019goals. That being said, according to one study, 80% of New Year’s resolution fail by February. Not too much of a surprise there as I am a culprit of that too. To get my mindset right, I have been listening to Tony Robin’s audiobooks on the way to work in the mornings for the past few weeks. As a summary, this 4-step strategy to achieve any goal which he shared is useful to get things started.
Tony Robbins’ 4-step strategy to achieve any goal
1. ✏️Write down your goals. – “There’s something that happens when we write something down.”
2. 📝 Write down the details of why it’s important. – “By getting absolutely clear as to why you must achieve your goal, you will find your purpose.”
3. 🙆🏻Get into the right mindset. – “Even if it seems impossible to you now, you know in your core that you can pull it off”
4. 👍🏻 Repeat. “If you want to master anything, you have to ingrain it into your system”
This 2019, as we try to start our family, it is important that we keep ourselves healthy both physically and mentally. Something that is easy to neglect when we get caught up in the hecticness of daily life. So this 2019, it’s my goal to get all of us healthy and keep things simple💪🏻 Starting with:
– cooking low-carb, low-sodium, less sugar meals with minimally processed ingredients at least thrice a week.
– Working out twice a week
– Keeping our budget low because healthy ≠ expensive
What are your goals for 2019? Share them with me, (in private if you like) and let’s get awesome together!